Monday, May 18, 2009

5/17/09 570

Sunday May 17 A trip down memory lane. When I got the May basket it affected my life at the time (and forever...Denny married the basket case). ISU campus IS NOT the most conducive to crutches, plus it hindered my Diamond Darling baseball skills. The DD's were in charge of retrieving foul balls, PR, getting past balls during warmup, and keeping stats. I always told people that the only way I could catch Denny and kiss him - when he gave me the May basket - was to fake an injury...I faked a little too well. 4 weeks in a caste. I did get it off early so I could lifeguard at State 4-H camp in June. I wouldn't be too effective jumping into the water with a plaster cast.
We went to graduation receptions today after church. I helped with Stangls. They had it at the city park. What an answer to my prayer when the sun came out. We ate great at Dan Bell's and Ryan Rydbergs,too. Just a nice time to visit with neighboors and friends,.

No comments:

Post a Comment