Tuesday, June 30, 2009

6/29/09 1345

Monday June 29 Phillip left about 8:30 to help before the funeral. Missy left about 9:30 to walk to church. I planted hostas that I had brought from home while Evan and Anabel ate toast and PBJ outside. About 10 we went to the park across the road where the service was being transmitted on a speaker outside the Vet. center. The kids played a while then I put them in the stroller and we listened to most of the service. I heard from someone that about 700 were at the church. The inside of the vet building holds about 600. We were standing outside with about 250-300 others. There were 5-6 football teams in their jerseys. When the service was over they lined both sides of the street to the cemetary. Others joined them. I counted (guesstemated) over 390 on the opposite side of where I was standing. So maybe there were around 1,000 lining the street. I took the kids to get a hamburger at the gas station, then home for naps. I left for home about 7:30 after we had pizza and salad for supper. On the way home I stopped at Lakeview to say hi to Matt. They were camping at BlackHawk state park. The pix is from before Saturday's race.

No comments:

Post a Comment