Saturday, September 5, 2015

Love Saturdays!!

Nice slow starts. Coffee on the deck with Denny. It rained ... again ... before we got out of bed. Denny was picking up branches that he trimmed last week and I started to mow across the road with the Dixon. It was fun to ride it again. I got stuck in a couple of mud puddles and then the front wheel came off. Uffta!! Grands were coming over for sugar donuts so we took them with us when we went to Denison for parts. No, they did not have the part at Volkerts. :( We did eat at McD. Happy meals and toys for kids. Vehicles to put stickers on What a treat! We made the donuts when we got home. They took them to share while Missy and Phillip picked apples at Cherry Creek. I got flowers for Susan and church. Denny started cutting the south pine by the mail box. I can't believe that we got it done!! He also trimmed some big branches off the Linden. The whole front yard got a haircut. I am really happy to have that job done. Denny sprayed off the bottom of the Grasshopper. I took sweet corn to Jensens, they shared chicken sandwiches. I started a fire of loose brush. We watched Netflix while sitting out by the fire. It was a beautiful night. This afternoon I started 2 trays on Aronia berries drying and 2 trays of Aronia berries freezing. What a good day ... except for me wrecking the lawn mower. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment