Saturday, March 14, 2009

3/14/09

Sat. March 14 It doesn't happen very often but today the girls won the Awana Olympics. Pretty exciting for 13 girls. Someone asked me how long I'd been doing the Awana Games. I looked back in my picture album and found a pix from 1989 of Matt and Todd Henderson doing the 3 legged run. 20 years...I haven't missed very many (a couple I was gone to Texas). The big SC churches weren't there...don't tell the girls that competition wasn't that tough. We had 10 first place finishs out of 20 possible. After we got home we went to Denny's folks for coffee. The neighbors brought up supper and we watched the kids while they went a Walmart run. Anabel wasn't feeling the best. I also did 5 miles on the elliptical. I rode up with Paul Bennett and Chris Clark and home with Julie Leed and Rachel Masters. Nice visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment