Saturday, December 12, 2009

Fri Dec 11

12/11/09 I had coffee at the folks before fixing heat lamps at the unit for a couple hours. Then I headed to IG, by way of the Arthur bank. They were serving holiday treats...meatballs, veggies, deli meat and cheese. YUM Then to get groceries etc. The year Denny and I were married, I sold Avon. Denny always said I went up to the doors of houses and asked, "You wouldn't want to buy any Avon, would you?...I didn't think so." I wouldn't recommend the technique. Anyway, at that time I bought a kit to embroider a winter farm scene. I did complete it and gave it to my mom for Christmas. Last year when we went thru things in Brownsville I brought the stitchery home. I took it to Selections in IG and they put on a double mat and framed it for me. I picked it up today. It looked okay. They did a fine job, but maybe I shouldn't have had it done. The material is kind of old and stained. But oh, well, it was a labor of love for mom. She had it in Brownsville to remember cold Iowa winters. Plus, it will help me remember I never want to sell Avon again. This afternoon/evening from 4-9 pm 7 of us from Bible study offered free child care. We had 21 3-12 year olds at the church. It went pretty well. Hot dog supper with chips and carrots...Crafts...baking cookies...and watching Polar Express. Afterward they came to the chicken coop and had hot cocoa and cider chips and left over meatballs from the bank. Renae, Nikki, Elizabeth, Danielle, Denny, me Lynn, Emily, Sarah, Brandon,David. Fun to visit. The picture goes with absolutely nothing from this days blog...but I thought it was kinda cute. What a bunch of winners :) And we got an Atlantic fest t- shirt to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment