Friday, April 22, 2011

Thursday April 21

No coffee at folks, Denny had a bank meeting in IG at 7:15. I drove the Prius to Arthur so we could take it to the airport. Then he dropped me off at school about 7 am. I asked the principal if I could take a half day personal leave to get to the airport early to see if we could switch our ticket, (so I wouldn't have to pretend I was Dennis Johnson). Missy came in to sub for me at 12:30 and we left for Omaha. We tried to think of all the things we might have to deal with, BUT Cheryl the nice Continental ticket lady, just retyped a ticket with my name... no extra charge. BOY were we relieved!! She made our day!!! Plus thanks to Missy for subbing for me. Lila Q. a Four Seasons neighboor picked us up at the airport about 10:30 and had keys to the trailer (which I had forgotten at school.) So many people covered our backs for the trip to Brownsville. SO glad to be down here. There were cold drinks in the refrig ... Thanks L&K ... So we chilled out on the deck ... in 80 degree weather ... then went to the hot tub about 11:30. Nice night in the Valley. SO GLAD TO BE HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment