Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dec 29 & 30


I have not quite figured out how to get picture and text in the right place together. The last 2 pictures were added in the previous post and I thought I could change their location...but no...so I just published it and thought "Whatever". This picture is of Luke and Jensens after Phillip got done preaching at Kiron Baptist.

R&R Mon Dec.29 Hopefully Luke and Karen made it to Denver and enjoyed skiing today. I worked at the unit 8-5:30. Mark had a sore body from laying floor in Omaha so Phillip came up to the unit and worked from 10:30- 1 helping pick up each of the 1194 pigs and give them 2 shots. I guess really he only picked up half of the pigs. Denny picked up the other half. Then Denny and I worked at counting and weighing from one to five pigs from each of the 127 litters. Oh, did it take a long time. Bible study was from 6:30- 8:30. EB MJ FJ LS SW



Tues. Dec. 30 Elizabeth called the rec center this am to say there had been a fire at Tracey and Matt Bergman's house on 300th Street. They had just moved things from their house on the hill back to the house by the old church because the heating wasn't keeping up. They lost everything but the clothes on their backs. The fire was discovered at 2 am just when Nathan Balder (Ida County Sherrif Department) was getting off his evening shift. He kept working when he found out that the fire was at Bergmans. They were up at Marens helping move furniture and weren't home. Mike didn't know that when a nieghboor came up his driveway and woke Mike up to tell him about the fire. When Mike drove up the house was full of flames. He noticed that a car was gone but he didn't know til 20 minutes later that Matt and family were at Marens. Quite a scare... quite a loss...but everyone was safe.
I watched E&A at rec center while parents worked out until 11:15. Then Ranae Brookbank and I went thrifting at Sioux City. I met with 2 home school families at 3 pm. We went to 7 thrift/goodwill stores. Home by 6. Missy and Phillip came up later and tryed out my 2 new sets of glasses. 3@ .50 and 5 @ 2.50 Plus a coat for $4 Big ppurchases ...Nice Day

No comments:

Post a Comment