Saturday, November 16, 2019

Nick's funeral

I got up for early Devos.  Great way to start a day.  We had a sister's phone call at 7:45.  Gail is down in Brownsville.  Another great way to start a day.  At 9:30 we headed north to Rock Valley for a funeral.   We drove through Hull Iowa where my mom grew up.  Denny drove past the elementary school lot where we used to go visit my grandparents when they lived there.  Their house isn't there, but a grassy lot is in it's place.  It was kinda across the street from the church that I took a picture of.  I tried to call my cousin Dave, but my contact information was not correct, so finally about 15 minutes before we got into town I tried to call Dave's brother Barry and Barry gave me the correct phone number.  When we got to the church and I took the present for Renae (from the SS class) into the funeral director.   We gave Dave a call from the church parking lot and arranged to meet him after the service.  We washed the car and got a card sent.  The service was really nice.  My heart was breaking for the family and their loss.  So hard.  We went to Dave and Sue's home afterward and had a great visit.  So good to catch up on family.  Nice weather for a drive to NW Iowa.  At home I called Kim and offered help for Graham and Laura's wedding shower the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Should be fun!!  Haley is having a coed birthday party tonight at her home.  Sweet 16!!! So blessed.
My cousin Dave and his wife, Rock Valley Iowa. 




No comments:

Post a Comment