Friday, February 19, 2021

To the Island with the girls

Up, Cleaned up baking mess, LS28, devo, I went to work on Fincher's quilt, AT 10 Joyce drove Jane Gail Bev and myself to shop at SPI.  It was a fun morning.  Pickleball at 2:30.  Bill was visiting when we got home,  Nope the DVD did not get fixed.  We watched Haley's BB game at 5:30.  Not a very good connection.  The jv game kept repeating over and over and over.  Uffda!!! 






Hi Rose,  we have been very fortunate.  We only were without power from Monday 2am until noon.   Just 10 hours, so very doable.  Another RV park in Brownsville was without power 3days.  Now that would have been tough.

Actually that morning without electricity I just stayed curled up in bed dozing off and on until about 1 in the afternoon (so I would have hot water for a shower.)

What a kill, I never stay in bed that long, but it was a real treat.

My sister texted and asked if I was baking something in my gas oven I said no I hadn't even gotten out of bed:)

So funny.   We're getting along fine, but lots of frost damage to citrus farmers, fish in our rasaca died and we had pelicans come and eat them, and most horribly turtles struggle in cold water.  Unbelievably 4700 turtles are being cared for in South Padre Island convention center.

To hopefully be released when they recover by taking them out into the gulf in boats.  Don't tell Nik about turtles ... she'll be on her way to help.

Thanks for asking... I can't believe I texted SO much.  Take care and google turtle info:)

Miss ya, girl!




No comments:

Post a Comment