Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Church picnic

Up early for devotions ... very early. Back to bed. In the am I ???? Went to Paulsruds and picked red roses to put in the cooler. At 12:15 I headed to Denison to bring home a lawn mower. With all the rain Denny said I had to come home with one. Ours was being fixed, but not done. I was to wait until it was done. He had given me a list of possible ones to buy if ours could not be fixed. He was bummed because he would have to mow the home place and the unit and not get to go to the church picnic. Plus not go to Indianola on Thursday night if mowing was not done. So when I talked to him after I was in Denison he said I should shop ... ???? while the mower was being fixed. Really shop at a mower repair shop. I was thinking shop at Walmart, but I would have to drive the pickup and long 16 foot trailer. Not conducive to u turns, which I frequently make. So shop I did, He had given me his check book. I came home with 2 mowers. Really, Faith?? Yup, figured we could both mow and get the jobs done so we could go late to the picnic PLUS go to Indianola on Thursday. Ole Brooks... We had him going... Whose is that brown mower behind your blue mower? It seemed to work pretty well. Denny mowed some at home and then headed to unit. I finished at home and then headed to the unit. We finished the unit and cleaned up. On the way to Lakeview picnic I stopped and got some flowers from Terry G. In Speaker park we ate really well and visited a little before heading home. Pictures from Evan's Baseball playing. Like Grandma Laurie said ..." the pitcher sitting on a bucket makes the whole game."  Of course Brooks with a green net over his head also adds to the game time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment