Saturday, February 28, 2009

2/24/09


R&R Tuesday Feb. 24 My day to fly home. We didn't have access to a computer to print a boarding pass, so I drove the 3.2 miles about 7:30 am. When I got there I found out the 10:40 flight I was scheduled for was overbooked...Would I consider taking another flight for $150?...Yes, if I could still get to Omaha tonight...That could be worked out ...I knew that most of the time they bump the offer up to $200...So I asked if it could be a $200 coupon...Yes, but I should come and check in, go thru security, and be ready to fly if not everyone showed up... GREAT!! Back at 4 Seasons the sisters had set the table up out on the deck and the breakfast casserole was in the oven. Oops, it looks like the table cloth was crooked...Oh, well, everyone had a good time. It was a great 70 degrees...Didn't prepare me for the 20 degree weather back in Iowa later that night. I got to take the later flight...and spend 5 more hours with my sisters in the pool, eating a special lunch that Gail fixed. and watching the park's Martigra (spell check didn't know what I was trying to write and I know that it isn't spelled right.) parade with 5 decorated golf carts and beads. On the flight home in Houston I saw Pat and Arlyn Stewart- and met a childhood friend of Carol Thomson. Small world...Got home about 1:30. Denny had a birthday card on the table for me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment