Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2/11/09

Wed. Feb. 11 Luckily, I thought about having Evan come with us to the Awana Skating Party...or we would have nothing to blog about today. Missy and Phillip had spent most of the day getting the Honda checked over. Also they took a high pressure sprayer to SC to get it repaired. I worked at the unit until about 11 and then went to Carroll to go to Weight Watchers. Then I went back to the unit and cleaned...getting ready for our trip to Texas on Firiday. About 6 pm I went back home and Denny and I took Evan to the Skate Palace. Keep in mind that he just napped in the car...We were treading on thin ice. We got his skates on...actually he just wanted to wear one...until he saw that Abby had on 2 skates. Then he was hesitant to actually get out on the floor and skate. We watched Grandpa skate several times around. I pointed out people who fell down and kept getting up and trying again. He might never have gotten on the floor EXCEPT Abby was there and she went out and was starting to skate with her mom. Presto... out he went..and never looked back. This clip is when I was skating behind them. My self appointed job was to slow down any fast skater that might be coming from behind and not watching for little ones. Evan didn't want to hold my hand . He wanted to skate by himself. Then the song stopped. The kids clapped and when the music started again. They boogied. SO CUTE!! They did a very similar dance Sunday between SS and church. By the time I got my camera out on Sunday they were done. I was just happy to be taping them from behind. Then the Skate Palace police came and reminded me that there were to be no digital cameras on the skating floor. OOPPS!! I was being willfully disobedient...For the second time. But this was the first time he told me. Actually I was trying to take a picture when the announcer was going over the rules early in the night and at the end of the list of rules she said, "No electronic devises on the floor...no ipods, cell phones, garmins or digital cameras." Hopefully this video will upload. It still is processing. Good night. A ps from the next morning. Denny added a second video because the first was taking so long to upload. Now I don't know how to delete either.

No comments:

Post a Comment