Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday

I was reading the book in bed when Anabel came down at 7 am.  She had put on her pink joggings, pink t shirt,  pink cotton skirt,  carrying her little pink ice cream purse, and wearing cowboy boots.  She wanted me to put Laura braids in.  At first I sent her back upstairs until I finished reading my book.  Then I realized how selfish of me ... These moments don't come around every day.  So I blew the train whistle (our cue for welcome to the basement) and down she came.  We pressed her shirt and short skirt, Denny polished her boots, and I braided her hair.  So much fun.  At 8:30 all three came down before heading for donuts.  They decided on cream filled donuts that they share, instead of cake donuts that they each can have one of.  HS SS class talked about impact.  It was Brooks turn to sit with us in church.  It was Van's birthday.  Missy asked for a bag of my farm sweet corn to take for lunch with Lynn, Toshi, Jensens, and Salizarnos. After church Denny and I had soup, and naps.  Called Gail, Jean, and Susan after I finished reading the book by Donald Miller "A million Miles in a Thousand Years." The book is 250 pages long and I did not see any purpose in the book until after about 214 pages.  Then I saw that it was a profitable read.  Basically "Make memories in your life with those you love".  Denny has had a  heater running in motorcycle trailer so he could take the Harley to Awana Wednesday night for a challenge to clubbers to finish their books.  He is headed to deliver bike to church and work at the bank.  We do not have school tomorrow ... too cold ... and 2 hour late start on Tuesday Pictures of Laura with cowboy boots, Children's choir in church, Brooks sitting with G'pa.

No comments:

Post a Comment