Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Early b'day supper

With girls, Grands, Phillip and Den.  During school Ind. Living used the mixer.  AEA met with student to assess reading levels.  Lord, let it work out.  So happy I asked where a teacher got her great looking fresh fruit.  She said Sams.  I asked Susan if she would pick up fruit for me and she said Yes.  It made my day so much easier.  I did not have to go to Denison, instead I could come home and visit with Mandy.  The bread machine I had hoped to start baked with outo being connected right.  I think I wrecked the machine.  I tried to make lard cinnamon rolls, but they did not rise very well.  When Denny came home, the kitchen was still a mess from me making the rolls that did not turn out.  Uffta!  Mandy did clinical in IG then come to the sunroom to work on class work.  For supper she made a great salad with lemon juice for a dressing.  It was great.  Missy brought corn on the cob.  The hamburger steak that Denny made was fabulous.  AND they had chocolate French silk pie for dessert.  I read the story about the oyster and crab / us and out conscience and had the Grands pick out a shell.  Then I got a comb  AND a beautiful hand quilted pink bedspread.  I had seen in when I was with Mandy in a Cherokee antique store.   When I asked her to get it for me the next day, she said she went in and it had been sold.  So thankful that she lied to me.  She said it was from all 4 kids.  She took unclaimed family garage sale items to a consignment store and got $.  I think that might be a partial story, too.  :) It was a lovely early birthday supper.  Thanks,  everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment