Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Cherokee Boys

I was headed to Cherokee by 6:30. Tyler and I spent the morning fixing food (me) and playing (Tyler). We were coming out of the crawl space and down the ladder on the bunk bed; Tyler successfully completed the task and said, "I can do hard things". So cute I lay down with him about 11 and he napped until Jason came home for lunch. He was a warm snuggly boy. AFter we picked up Jack we went to Central park and explored, then to the pool park where Jack used the RR, left the small soccar ball there and G'ma Jan came to meet us. Then to Jan's and back to the boy's home. I started baking the chicken enchaladas and got out the watermelon, pasta Salad, and applesauce. Ono the way home I stopped at Kelli's green house. I am leaving the Prius there next Wednesday when Jan and I head toBurlington to see a couple of sorority sisters. I got a text from Nikki G. and invited her for supper. Quite amazing ... She brought gifts ... oh, so many gifts for the help I gave her putting together the flowers for the shower and rehearsal dinner for Luke's wedding. A big welcome sign, a 19 inch rattan basket filled with goodies. Oh, so much ... 4 flat bottomed clear glasses, 2 bottles, 8 gray and blue linen hand towels, one peach cobler dish towel, one blue and white dish towel, a lovely large gray cereamic serving platter, a wooden cheese platter,a bottle of lavender pump hand soap, 2 wooden decorated spoons, a fall spatula, a wooden 3 condiment tray, a pink candle with a lid, unbelieveable ... So many gifts. I was flabbergasted. We had a great time visitng and eating. Fay called and said she would pick Julie and I up at the airport at 11 pm on October 11. What a great fun day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment