Sunday, April 7, 2024

Iowa lost!!!

I organized stuff for watching the Iowa BB game.  I sat under the car port, listening to the book and cutting off the dead parts of the ranuculus.  Oh, dear ... The ceramic pot lost it's balance, fell on the cement floor and against the LP tank.  Uffda!! My phone screen shattered.  oh, now what????  We went to Chapel by the Sea at 9:30.  We went to the beach until it started to sprinkle.  I listened to the book A place on Earth by Wendell Berry.  I wore the hat that I got when Karen and I were in Progresso to church and to the beach.  At home I fixed meatballs, Parmesan bread, spaghetti, and white sauce.  I cut the cheese, and got crackers out.  Jean and Bob, and Alan came to watch the game.  Iowa lost:(    After the game we ate spaghetti on the deck with the big top that Denny put up when it started to sprinkle.  After they left I started to listen to the book again... We ordered a new replacement phone. We had insurance and we could have mailed in it, but we paid for a replacement to be delivered to us.  Bummer!! Denny went to put the Pork butt on the smoker.  I hope to get the book finished.  It returns tomorrow.  Uffda!!

A couple of sweet memories of the Excelsior Grands here:  Lincoln sang and sang.  It was so sweet!!!  He would sing in bed , he would sing on the trike, he would sing at the beach, or on the deck or in the car.  So sweet!!  He also loves to do math.  He made the statement, "I just have numbers in my head." and he does, It's so fun to watch him figure and do math.   A sweet memory of Rose was her love of writing words.  She made a note to herself Saturday night.  It said:  something to the effect,"It is Easter tomorrow. " She put the paper by her bed and the bottom of the paper said, "When I wake up ... It is now Easter!".  She made the cutest sweetest note of what Lincoln should do today, What Rose should do today and at the bottom she said. "List done!"

                                          

Eclipse from our deck:


No comments:

Post a Comment