Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday December 30



Pictures are of Haley and I making Christmas cookies. When Little A and I got to the folks Howard said to let Anabel rest. He said she had been up at 5:30 concerned about being ready for the nurse who was coming at 8 to give a bath. He said she had a hard time writing down the pills she took. It took her a long time and she kept checking and rechecking what she had written. At 8 Barb did come to give her a bath. I changed the sheets and started a load of wash. When we got home Missy was ready to take grands into the library and rec center pool. I worked on my application to Morningside graduate program. I finished it and put it in the mail. At noon I fixed beef soup for Anabel and maidrite meat for Howard. When I went into her room to wake her up she was disoriented, not knowing if it was noon or night. I brought in the table on wheels for the side of Anabel's bed. She wanted to eat in the bedroom. I put the clothes in the dryer and started the dishwasher. After she finished eating we looked at the digital pictures for about 30 minutes. It was the right distance to have the screen on the table and Anabel sitting on the bed. She wanted the basket of Christmas cards by her bed so she could look at them later. I went home. Jensen family is scheduled to arrive for family Christmas get together this weekend. In the afternoon I took a short nap and then went to school to work for a while. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical -300 calories- I put Awana store stuff in church then headed to the folks. In visiting with Anabel, she said she looked at digital pictures for quite a while and she said she looked at almost all the Christmas cards they have received. Denny took Anabel in the wheelchair to the kitchen for supper of cheese sandwich, green beans, banana and half of a cutie orange. It was great for Denny to have a 4 way telephone talk with siblings. We have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment