Saturday, April 19, 2014

Fun in Burlington

Up late for me, but my inner clock still got me up at 6.  It is a great view of the top of the trees and a distant view of the MIssissippi while lying in Luke and Karen's bed.  Luke fixed eggs for Denny, smoothie and PB toast for me and coffee for us all.  About 7:30 we headed to Wapella for the second annual Bunny Hop 5K.  I didn't get a t shirt, and took the wrong road, but still got my 45 minute workout done.  After I went back to run the loop I missed (no orange arrows to show me) I finished with 35 min 2 seconds, but a gal who finished earlity said I would have finished before her and her time was 32.  :)  :)  smile, smile.  For sure the route was a lot flatter than running the 4 miles around our section.   On the way there Karen was looking for directions and came upon the fact there was a Fea market in town that day.  We headed there after the race.  Wow.  They were using an old livestock sale barn and different consigners had put their things to sell in the livestock pens.  There were aleast 4 barns we walked thru and some venders outside.  Luke and Karen got a Wok and tomato plant for their fire escape window.  I bought a blue pitcher,  blue glasses and a box of writing notes.  At the apartment we chilled, looked a the news.   Luke got food ready to grill.  We ate lunch down on the first floor porch.  It was great.  Brats and grilled veggies. In the afternoon Luke started to make homemade  mozzarelli cheese.  Later we walked downtown to get some citric acid. He worked more on the cheese.  We started to play settlerrs of the Catan.  It was hard for us to quite, but a 8 we walked down to The Drake and ate a great meal outside looking at the Mississippi and the bridge.  Then back to finish the board game.   So relaxing to be here.  Bed at 11:30  Late for me.

2 comments: