Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Happy Birthday Missy !!!!

         Birds are singing outside my window.  Looks like a beautiful day.  The weather was wonderful 38 years ago when Missy was born.  About 10, I had a doctor appointment in Decorah.  I took my bike in and went riding with Matt on the back of the bike after the appointment.  On the way home I stopped at the golf course.  Mom was golfing and so Matt and I rode the cart with her and played 6 holes of golf.  We went home for lunch and naps.  I was going to play on a slow pitch softball team that summer and they were having practice around supper time.  I think one of the Hovden girls babysat Matt while I went to practice.  I played a little, batting practice, etc.  But when they were going to run a lap around the field after practice ... I decided NOT to do that. I just sat and watched.   Mom was eating supper at the golf course about 6:30 and so I drove out to join her.  As I got out of the car at the golf course, my water broke.  I found something to sit on, like a sweatshirt, and got back in the car and drove to the hospital.   There were no cell phones, so I called Denny from the hospital.  I think he was milking cows,  took a  quick shower and got to the hospital.  The staff had a gown ready for him to  put on and he joined me in the delivery room.   At ?? 7:24 Missy joined us. She weighed 6 pounds and 6 ounces and was 3 weeks early.  Melissa Joy Johnson.  I was so happy to have a daughter.   I called Mom who was still at the golf course playing cards and told her she had a new granddaughter.  She was shocked.
       Mandy had her last clinical with Dr. Eastman in the IG hospital.  She took cream cheese coffee cake and found out that I had not copied the recipe correctly on the sheet that I give with covered jelly roll pans.  The recipe did not have baking powder or eggs.  Oooopps.   That nice Jason said that he would eat the wrong recipe coffee cake.
         Great party for Missy with Mandy and Remers.  Denny grilled the Cajun tilapia that Missy bought.  Mandy made angel food class and brought fresh fruit to top it.  I used my pink spread for a tablecloth.   We also had strawberry spinach salad with toasted almonds, roasted cauliflower and broccoli, pesto and crackers, blanched asparagus with mayonnaise, and Jalapeno poppers.
         The kids had a great time playing outside.  Except for the tree that fell on Gavin and the stream that Evan fell into.  The kids ate green beans, chocolate milk, and hotdogs.  All were happy.









No comments:

Post a Comment