Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Surgery. D Day


It was an early morning.  Denny had to shower with a special soap before surgery,  he needed to drink a pre-surgery potent at 3:30 am. He was up before me and struggling to get in and out of bathtub with no grab bars, and a very hurt knee.  We walked in Dunes at 5 am.  They took Denny for surgery at 6:30.  I walked back to the motel to bring back the free continental breakfast to the waiting room. They came out about 8 to say that Denny's PCL had damage and so they had to put in a total knee replacement.  I went to talk to the doctor when I thought they called my name and instead a Doctor came in who I did not know.  Uffta!!  They were calling for Faye.  About 20 minutes later they did call Faith and Dr. Bissel came out and talked about the surgery.  It went well.  I left the building because Denny would be in recovery for over an hour.  Clothes at the thrift store were $1.  I got 3 pairs for shorts.  Kids clothes were $.25.  I got 2 pairs of boots for Anabel.  I got home about 5.  Grace was there.  I cut a bouquet for her.  Then I went to mowing.  Our lawn took about 1 1/2 hours with the Grasshopper.  Then Jensen's in lawn was mowed in about 1 1/2 hours.  I set the timer for early am onion buns.  Jensens are having a great vacation in the boundary waters.





No comments:

Post a Comment