Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Bike to Boca

I headed to pickle ball at 8:30.  Denny took off on his bike to Boca Chica Beach.  I drove to the beach about 11. It was 21.5 miles.  When Denny got there we took our bikes 3 miles down the beach to the Rio Grand River.  That was one of Denny's goals.  Of course my bike got a flat tire on the way back to the car, so I ended up walking it over half the way.  Note to self ... driving over sea shells may puncture the tires.  I got kinda worried on the way home when I passed Denny's "find my phone" and he was not there.  I turned around and went back and didn't see him beat up in the ditch or anything, I took a screen shot of the location and I continued toward the check in point.  HURRAH!!   He was about a mile ahead of the phone location on his way toward Brownsville.  I stopped at Loops fruit market on the way home.  Denny got home about 4.  Long day for him, he biked 50 miles.  I swam for about 20 minutes and then Denny came to the hot tub and we visited with Kathy and Bill there. 


Breakfast on the deck
Biked 50 miles
WW

No comments:

Post a Comment