Friday, February 22, 2019

Pickled

I was up early and trudged 45 minutes.  Gail and I left at 7am for the hour and 15 minute drive in the fog to McAllen for the Golden Age Olympics Women's doubles in pickle ball.  It was an experience. We played at 9 ... won against sisters ... waited.   Played against team from Atlantic  ... lost ... the gal was overjoyed because she has never beaten Gail.  Waited.  Played against team from Algona ... Won in a come from behind.  Waited ...  Played another game  Won in a come from behind.   Had to replay the team from Atlantic ... Bummer !!!! We lost!!! 14 to 16.  So I am sure the gal from Atlantic was walking on air winning over us 2 times.  It was a fun, long day.  High light was when Wendy L.'s mom Nancy P. came to say Hi and watch a little pickle ball.  I can't imagine how tired Gail was after  driving and playing the day before.  She is amazing!!!  I was happy I played ok, but hated to lose to that gloating gal from Atlantic TWICE!!!  Life .....    It still is good.  We have so much to be thankful for.  We tried to find a ropa store in Hildago before we headed home ... but NO luck.  At home I was so tired sitting on the deck with JND, I didn't even notice the dock transformation.  Early Birthday present.  JUST WHAT I WANTED!!!!

This is a copy and paste from Hannah's facebook page about her up and coming book:

Editing is complete!! I absolutely underestimated the amount of mental work and time this part of my book was going to take. But man am I thankful for professionals who know what they are doing and are patient with those of us who don't have a clue. Plus, having the best editor ever helps.
One step closer to getting this baby printed!

"It can be very uncomfortable consciously walking into something that feels out of your realm of abilities. Just remember being in a vulnerable place with God is just about the safest place you can be-because you are putting all the responsibilities on Him. He's not going to fail you. If the Lord has lead you there (like motherhood  (or in my case going to Nepal, because I am a mother and want to see where my chicks are)), believe that He want to help you carry out that commission well."
-White-Knuckled Mothering
#comingsoon

No comments:

Post a Comment