Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Friends leaving, Kids coming

Little slower this am.  But coffee, banana muffins, bacon, eggs, and pineapple for breakfast.  I picked some flowers before the Bergstrands left.  In the afternoon Denny worked on the rust on vehicles, and I read, moved the sprinkler,  and took a nap.
For my Christmas present I ask that we get together some weekend as a family.   This is the weekend the kids chose.  I have really wanted the family to spend some time in my hometown area.  There is so much to see and do in northeast Iowa.  So in December we decided to meet and stay at my brother Craig's pond the 2 days before my nephew's wedding in Madison Wisconsin, then we would travel to the wedding.  Well, in December Luke and Karen said they were expecting in July.  In January Mandy and Jason said they were expecting in August.  Do we meet in Burr Oak with a 16 day old baby and a baby due in 16 days????   It was fine with me to meet at the farm, so we changed location from Burr Oak to IG.  Luke and Karen got to the farm about 8:00 pm and Mandy and Jason got here about 8:30.  Matt and Becky will be here Thursday noon.  Tho' it was past bed time when they got here, Jack and Rose got to play outside with the kitties, in the park, on the merry go round, and on trampoline.  So fun to have family here.  After the littles were put in bed, we visited until 11 out on the patio.  SO GOOD!!!  It was about 11:15 when we headed to bed.  Luke and Karen were in purple room with Lincoln in the closet and Rose in the computer room.  Mandy and Jason are in the airbnb green room with Jack asleep in the yellow room downstairs. I stayed in the living room and worked on the blog.  Mandy came upstairs and said her water had broken and could Jack spend the night here as they were headed to the Cherokee hospital.  SO GLAD WE ARE IN NW IOWA, not 4 hours away from Cherokee hospital.  Uffta!!!  Prayers and to bed.


Pictures from a scrap book I gave to Connie when she left Winterset in 1977 and went to Wyoming.
John Denver song.


Such a long time ago.  So many good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment