Saturday, September 14, 2019

Bummer 18/17 Bummer

I got up at the usual time, got dressed, and walked around  Hidden Acres.  It has changed so much. I I sat on Mike P.'s rocker outside the office.  It is so nice.  I talked with Jean for the Sat am phone call and then ate breakfast with the gal's from Crossridge.   I wrote out a quick note for a friend and talked for a short time.  Denny picked me up about 10 and we headed to Ames.  We parked the car at Jensens and had a quick visit.  Then we walked to Cooks' tailgate.  I got lucky enough to hold Jack and watch the crowds go by before the game began.  The 4 J/M Cooks went to the game.   AND  It was quite a game ... 2 major stops because of the weather.  AND RAIN!!!   Lots of RAIN.  It was pretty cool to hang out with Mandy, Jason, Jack and Tyler under the big top as the downpour continued.  When the game resumed we packed Jan and John's "soggy tailgate everything" in their van.  Jason went to the game, Mandy went to the hotel with the boys and we headed west.  ISU Lost! Bummer!!!!
Sad ending to a great wet day.  As Jan wrote in a text to me ... "Fortunately the rain did not wash away good memories from the day." and "Since we go for "the tailgate" the score did not ruin the day either."  That's my take, also.  :)  Thanks, Jan for putting it in words.




No comments:

Post a Comment