Friday, June 5, 2020

Cherokee day

I got to Cherokee about 7:30.  It was such a fun day.  I got to show Mandy the things I got at the garage sale last week.  She showed me the great buys at Olive Branch.  After they left for work I went outside with the boys.  We took the stroller to the place to the west.  When Tyler took a nap we got the Jeep out for Jack to ride.  He rode for 15 minutes.  I peeled potatoes for party potatoes.   The boys were hungary and so we had lunch and down for naps before Jason came home for lunch.  I went to the grocery store and got ingredients for ham balls and made 3 quick stopes at  thrift stores.  After naps Ja, Shae and Collin came to visit.  What a lot of noise and activity!!! playing outside, in the new jeep, with the toys inside  Jan and I visited and then Kay came to visit also.  When Mandy and Jason came home I went to McDonalds first for a big Mac.  I was starving.  Then I headed to Holstein for garage sales.  I got 4 big baskets with handles and an aqua fleece that I had been wanting.  At home Denny was ready to grill, but I was full.  It was really a fun day with my Grands.  At night we sat and looked at the pretty moon.  Wonderful day!!! At night I went 3 miles ... some walking but more trudging that yesterday.
                                                 


From FB. From: No mammas perfect:
I have a word on my heart tonight, and I want to share it with you.
The Bible is clear that we will have trouble in this world. Though there is so much beauty in our world, we also recognize that we will have difficult situations to navigate.  We will have tragedies that scar our hearts forever.  We will mourn for loved ones and cry countless tears of sorrow.
This life is hard, at times, and there’s no getting around it.
But the Bible also tells us that the “hard” is not the last word.  Jesus is.

John 16:33 says, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world, you will have trouble.  But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
It’s as if the world itself is groaning right now.  Can you hear it—the pain, the turmoil, the sorrow?  And we watch the news hoping for vaccines.  And we scan the media reports hoping for peace.  And we eat too much, or drink too much, or watch tv too much, or scroll too much, all in an effort to numb the despair we feel, the anxiety we struggle with, or the fear that threatens to overtake us.  Why?
Is it because our hope is in the wrong place?  Is it because we’re looking for hope in other people and other places and other things?  There is hope, but the lasting, perfect hope we are searching for can only be found in one place.   It’s found in Jesus.
Notice that Jesus says "in me" you may have peace.  We're not going to find lasting peace outside of Jesus.
Friends, this is how we can face it when it feels our marriage may very well fall apart.
This is how we can face an uncertain diagnosis.
This is how we can face the grief over a loved one gone too soon.
This is how we can face the financial distress that is weighing us down or the situation within our family that’s falling apart.
This is how we can face the dream that has died.
This is how we can face every problem, every tear, every obstacle, and every pain.
This is how we can face all the crises we see unfolding around us.
Jesus alone gives us our hope.  In Jesus, there is always hope because it’s Jesus that makes all the wrongs right, if not in this life, then in the next. It’s Jesus that can bring beauty from ashes.  It is Jesus that redeems our brokenness and holds our hand as we walk through life’s valleys.  It is Jesus who will never leave you, never forsake you, never take His eyes off you, and never let go of your hand!  
You are held!  I am held!
And friends, this, and this alone, is how we can have hope in this world.

1 Peter 1:3-4 says this, “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!  In His great mercy, He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead and into an inheritance that can never perish, spill, or fade.  This inheritance is kept in heaven for you..."
The hope Jesus gives us is a living hope that never perishes.  It never spills.  It never fades.  So whatever you're going through tonight, whatever difficulty you may face, I hope you'll remember...
There is always hope--Perfect Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment