Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Clay county fair

 My alarm went off at 5 and I got up. Devo, Brought the plants/flowers in from the CSA barn and tried to organize entries to the fair.  We left about 7 and arrived there about 9.   I worked on getting entries and paperwork done in the floriculture department.  I ended up with 21 entrees, I think.  It was a hurried mess.  Denny walked thru all the big equipment areas and left the commercial buildings for when I was done.  We really didn't know it would take until 11 for me to be done.  Uffda!!  We walked around.  Long story short by the end of the afternoon we had bought a shade umbrella for the patio in Brownsville. And a container of Salsa mix.  And a half pound pork tenderloin, it tasted wonderful.  And we visited with Kelly and Brenda.  All in All a good day.  Even though Denny had intestinal problems when we were doing the paperwork for the sunbrella.  AND I got 12 first place blue ribbons, 4 second places,  2 4th places and 3 extra ribbons/special awards.  At home we ate Orange chicken and binged on watching Blue Bloods in the sunroom.  Thank you Jesus for the fun day and the laughs at the end of the day about paperwork for Summer Accents shade umbrellas.   

                                           


No comments:

Post a Comment