Sunday, July 21, 2019

Friday July 19 Wedding Rehearsal

Okay, Friday morning and I met Sue K to play pickle ball. After the sauna,  I stopped at the Best of Barb's for potato salad for Mike's funeral.  I took it to church.  About 9 am. friends/family started to come to our home for food prep.  SO away we went.  We started cutting up fruit in the kitchen.  Washed grapes, watermelon, muskmelon, Susan H, Lori, Renae, Amelia and me.  As more workers came we moved to the garage tables to cut up more fruit and when that was done Lori started to prep the 12 pans of French toast bake and the 12 roasters of egg bake.  At 10:30 I went to the funeral service.  I am so thankful I did.  Denny was running the sound system.  It was a great, but oh, so sad, service.  The service ended with the fire department bell ringing ceremony and the last emergency call for Mike.  So moving.  So sad.  So thankful for those who lay their lives on the line for the safety of our community.   So thankful for Mike and his unwavering service to God by helping with Awana, by being the Hidden Acres representative, and serving on the IG fire department.  Lord, be with Michelle, Dakota, Axel, and Mike's family and all of us and our loss. 
I helped serve lunch.  The fire department grilled burgers and hot dogs, we served potato salad, baked beans, watermelon, chips,  and Hidden Acres chocolate chip cookies.   
When I got home they had a lot of the prep work done and were cleaning up the kitchen.  When I went up to put some flowers together Susan H. came up to help me.  We pulled out the baskets of flowers and made 1 bride bouquet and 5 bridesmaid bouquets.  As I worked on them she helped put eucalyptus in the bridal table centerpiece.  We got it all done.  SO thankful for her help.  Well, it was getting close to 6, so Lori and Susan did not have time to go back to their place and get cleaned up.  SO on to the next rehearsal time.  Groomsmen and bridesmaids and family came and they ran thru the ceremony.  I served supper at 7.  Nick grilled burgers and hot dogs.  We had left over baked beans,  potato salad, tea, and chips from the funeral.  I fixed ramen noodle salad, pasta salad, lemonade.  Some one brought brownies, cherry fluff.   Beth and Jacob opened gifts.  After everyone had cleaned up, Beth, Amy, Carrie, Lauren, and dog stayed in the airbnb for the night.  They put together the coffee cake wedding cake. 
Tomorrow is the big day!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment