Saturday, August 7, 2021

Travel to Burr Oak

 Well, I was awake at dark thirty and tired to fall back asleep.  When I couldn't I got in the car and headed north.  I got to Decorah about 8:30.  I went to the tennis courts and YES they were playing pickleball.  I played until 10, then went to the Depot and bought a duvet cover and white shelf to display a pretty white/blue  platter in the bunk house.   I can get the rug I saw the last time I was in Decorah.   I think it will go well in the bunk house.  I went to Craigs.  He has his garage set up with pictures/ clippings/ information about the century farm.  Jean was heading to Burr Oak to meet with a classmate.  I just sat in the garage.  Keith, Bruce and Arlan were golfing.  Gail and Bruce biked in Ridgeway and then came to Craigs.   At 1:45 were went to play pickleball at Keiths.  SO MUCH FUN!!!  Bruce had corn, salads and pulled pork for supper around 5:30.  All 7 of us siblings were there.   I was planning to spend the night at Bev and Merle's if all sleeping areas were full with nieces, but only Beth and Stephens family were there, so Bruce offered the pull out bed in the basement and I took him up on it and texted Bev that my plans had changed and I was staying with one of the brothers.  Bruce had a fire going, but I just stayed inside and visited.   Strangly I had really bad leg cramps.  I headed to bed about 10.  Wonderful Day!!! So glad I am here with my people.  Thank you Jesus.  



No comments:

Post a Comment