Friday, August 30, 2024

Church, then Riding the cable cars.

Up and coffee with Missy and Rose.  After getting Coffee and Himalayan Java we walked the next 5-6 blocks to church.  We shopped at Dubeachi and I got 6 beautiful placemats and 2 pillow cases.  At home we chilled while Anabel and 2 friends had a Bible study and Brooks hung out with Timothy.  We left for the cable cars up the mountain about 3 and got there about 4:30, all checked in to our hotel.  So pretty.  I took a sister call before going to the hot tub and pool.  Wonderful Nepale buffet meal.  I tried allot of different foods.  Some, hot, some not.  I talked to Denny - usually every 12 hours. 

                                        

                                                     




Post from Hofman family, Marty's wife. 

Comparison is the thief of joy. I didn't used to post my run screenshots because I was kinda embarrassed at my pace. Y'all, I live with a man Marty Hofmann who can run a whole marathon at a sub-8 pace! My ever-fastest recorded mile is 8:56. 😄 So, for a long time I felt kinda silly for even getting out there! 

But I learned that is, frankly, really stupid. I mean, I can miss out on gaining health and fitness, miss out on amazing sunrises, miss out on the dopamine rush, miss out on the strength and energy, miss out on the confidence- building, miss out on the outside time, miss out on the camaraderie with other runners, miss out on the fantastic toxin-cleansing sweat, miss out on the joy of really learning a place by running it, miss out on the time to think and pray, miss out on the opportunity to grow....alllll because I'm not as fast as someone else.  🤨        Maybe what you can do is walk a 37-minute mile. Do it!!!! Don't let what someone else can do take away the joy and benefits of what YOU can do. ❤        #RunYourOwnRace #getafterit

No comments:

Post a Comment