Monday, July 24, 2017

#2 RAGBRAI Spencer to Algona

On the road by 5:45, then they called and we reconnected with  Denny and Jeff to get Denny''s helmet and Jeff's camelback.   Me, I am drinking coffee, sitting at the intersection of main street Spencer and the road the bikers leave town by ... at least that is what I have been telling them ... and no one has come back to beat me up.  It is so fun to watch the people on bikes.  Lots of BIG trucks drive thru main street.  UFFTA!!   Fun to sit here and watch, but I am headed to thrift stores at 9 when they open.  :)
I visited the architectural shop in and then decided to visit Phil and Bette.  So sweet.  Great couple.  Their daughter Karen and her husband Tom are doing one day of Ragbrai.  I headed to Algona and drove to Netti's The guys visited in oos tent while they waited for me.  We went to Netti's and hung out in the back yard with other bikers.  We walked and got a half price pork loin meal because it was getting late.  Slept on air mattress in living room.  
Denny saw lots of kids riding and texted that next year maybe kids would want to ride.  He had one taker!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment