Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Butterfly

Beautiful day outside.  The zinnia's color just pops!!  Lots of flowers out there!! Missy went to see Jack this am, when she got home we made curtains for the book shelves in her room.  She made a trip to IG on the way home to get library book-it pizza for the kids, and we had some Mexican treats out on the deck.   Luke forwarded the information that the project he was in charge of at American Ordinance was chosen by the government to give the contract to AO.  That is so amazing, I am proud of my boy.  When I was coming in at night I heard this fluttering around me.  Look a monarch butterfly.  During Ragbrai I had Denny, Jeff and Jean bring back the clay pellets of milkweed seed so I could disperse them around here.  This guy knew I was his friend!!! Denny has pointed out that our ditches are full of milkweed, so I may not have to disperse the clay pellets around here, but I sure would like to have Monarchs around my flower beds.  I have seen two during the day by the bright orange dahlias that Keith gave me. 









No comments:

Post a Comment