Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Doha

 I arrived in Doha about 5 pm on the 28th.  I knew I would have a 10 hour layover and  I was planning on using the lounge  It cost  $55 for 6 hours. So I walked aroundthe airport.   It had 5 terminals with a giant Panda sitting in the food court area in the hub.  I wouldn't find out the terminal and gate of my flight to Katmandu until 4 hours before the flight, so I decided to walk to the various terminals.  I walked to A and back, to B and back, When I walked towards C terminal I saw that a flight was leaving for Katmandu in 5 minutes.  I walked to that gate in case my flight was leaving from that terminal.  The attendant I talked to said my flight would be leaving from terminal B gate 9.  He also hooked me up to Qatar internet.  I decided to walk back down to Terminal B gate 9.  About a 5-7 minute walk.  Next on the agenda was finding the lounge.  It took me about 4 tries.  There are several lounges at different prices and amenities.  I went up and down about 3 times to find the right place.  The lounge was really nice.  I can't imagine what was available in more expensive lounges,  (probably have horizontal resting places).  I filled a plate with a variety of food.  Breads, muffins, pastry, grilled chicken chunks, salads, soup, pasta, juices,   I sat and ate and watched.  There was a rather large room with glass walls that was marked Quiet Room.  It had 6 lounge chairs that were full,  After a while someone left and I took my food into there.  Quiet, horizontal, I did not sleep, but rested.  Later I left some of my stuff at the lounger and  went to take a shower.  The attendant provided towels, shampoo, and bath mat.  I went back and relaxed until my time was up at 1 am.  When I checked the flight board my gate had been changed to Terminal A, Gate 1 AND  the flight was delayed for an hour. SO off I went.  I sat on the floor near gate 1 while I joined the many others waiting for our flight to check in.   Check in went okay and off we headed to Kathmandu around 5:50 am.  I was sitting in a seat with an empty seat beside me when the man with the empty seat asked it I would take another seat and let his mom sit beside him, so I moved for them.  






No comments:

Post a Comment