Thursday, January 30, 2020

Thamel

Up for breakfast, washing clothes, putting on wet clean clothes to have them dry on body.  The day is windless and sunless, my hairdryer quit, hence the body dryer.  Phillip went on a bike ride.  I'm going to try and figure out and blog what I did on the travel days.  In remembering it  ... it is all a blur.
About 10 I went to The Porch and had a cup of coffee.  I used the laptop to catch up on my blog.  The Porch opened about 2 months ago.  The gal working has been in N. 20  years.  The coffee was 95, I had 65 in correct cash, and a 1000 bill.  The waiter asked if I had the correct change, I said no.  He didn't have change and just took my 65.  Phillip met me and said qatar called and had what they thought was my luggage.  BUT  No I did not have 2 personalized bracelet that were engraved with Kayla and Katie... SO still no luggage.  Uffda!!  I went to the Top of the World.  There were about 25 ladies sitting around a couple of tables.  I ordered my coffee and the waitress said it will be a while, I said No problem,  I am in no hurry.   The ladies started their meeting with singing.  All in N, language.  I heard a praise song as background music.   Then the group prayed, and gave very excited reports So good to hear other Christian ladies.   I went to the school after that, Missy stopped to get me on the scooter.  I went to her challenge club class.  After school we went to Thamel for Anabel's birthday.  We took a large taxi at 5 pm with Evan's bike on top so it could get fixed while we were in Thamel.  We had a treat at Himalayan Java.   Then we went to a climbing wall.  Hannah made the trip with Anabel as a birthday friend.  We ate at Fire and Ice and had pizza.  Kristine and Rose joined us.  The bike got fixed and we headed home.
Ladies at Top of the World
Himalayan Java




At Fire and Ice




No comments:

Post a Comment