Tuesday, January 28, 2020

January 27, 2020 Leaving for N.

Well, my travel plans turned out ok, but it was questionable for a while.  When we woke up there was a pretty fog and I didn't think any thing of it,  BUT it did affect my trip.  The 6 am flight out of Brownsville was canceled because of fog.  The plane flight I was scheduled to take at 11:40 comes in from Dallas and it could not leave Dallas because of the fog.  SO I got the info that my flight was canceled after I was at the airport at 9:30 and had checked in, but my luggage had not gone thru TSA.  Expedia called me as I stood in line waiting with about 12 people in from of me to get another flight booked.  I am so glad Denny was there with me.  He sat with my 2 big suitcases as I stood in line and talked to the expedia representative on the phone.  Did I say the airport is being remodeled and so we weren't sure where the airport parking was.  Denny let me off to start the process and then went to park.
[Also, I should add, my plan A was to weigh my suitcases at 8 am and check that they were under 50 pounds.  We were running late and took the luggage to the airport counter at 8:45  thinking I would check in at that time, BUT a drill Sargent from American Airlines with a thick German accent said I Could Not be checked in with out my visa and I had left it back at the trailer.  So home we went, I took a quick shower, I asked Denny not to take the time to shower, but just take me to the airport with Visa and luggage. ]
So I was talking to gal on phone.  She said I could get a later flight, leaving Brownsville at 6 pm, fly to Dallas, fly to London, Fly to Doha, and catch the same flight to Katmandu as I was booked on.  UFFDA!!!  That did not sound fun to me.  As I was talking to her the line kept moving to the counter slowly.   And I kept telling her how many people were ahead of me.
They made a flight at 11 am for the 6 am (10 people) that could not takeoff because of fog.  WOULD THE LINE MOVE FAST ENOUGH TO GET ME ON THAT 11 am flight????
YES!!!! It did,  They re-ticketed me for 11 am flight.  I could make all the connections without going thru London.  They re-tagged my luggage,  BUT (as I later discovered when my suitcases weren't in Katmandu) my luggage claim that I received from American Airlines said my bags were going thru London.  UFFDA!!
SO I was set to go,  I kissed Denny "Goodbye" and he said the sweetest prayer for my travels.  Thank you, Jesus, for my husband.    After I had gone thru the check in I sat, read and then used the bathroom.  No tp or towels.  Uffda!.  I traveled to Dallas with out any complications.  Yea!!
I had about a 4 hour layover in Dallas which I spent finishing the book I brought along and watching people.  It was good I did finish it and left it at the airport.  Thanks, 4 Seasons library!   There were Lots of people in wheel chairs boarding the Qatar flight to Doha.  I mentioned it to one N. lady and she said they were taking advantage of the system.  I didn't know that was an option  :) and I was thankful I didn't have to use a wheelchair.  The flight to Doha was 14 plus hours.  We left at 5:30 the 27th and arrived 4:40 pm the following day.  I still don't know how all that works.   One good thing on that flight was that there was an empty seat between me and the man passenger in our 3 seat grouping.  AND I was happy that the screen had the first seasons of Friends available.  SO I watched and ate and had complimentary beverages ... and took a tylenol pm to sleep a little.   I did enjoy the relaxing time of travel.   I do not enjoy having my flight canceled and then making different arrangements.  Thank you for prayers and God working. Non eventful trip across the Atlantic ocean.  Bring on the next day. 


x

No comments:

Post a Comment