Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sat Jan 2


1/2/10 Well, I have been really liking my ditch tree. I have been driving along the road and looking for the 2010 tree. BUT NOW I AM AWARE OF A DOWNSIDE. When I went to take the tree down this am and touched the branches to remove the lights...a cloud of dust arose from every contact I made with the branches. It wasn't there when I put the cold wet tree in the living room, but I think about 20 years of road dust mushroomed up each time I touched the tree. I may have to rethink selection. Denny thought we could get it from a fence line NOT right by a gravel road. My thought was to spray it off before bringing it in. (Duh, in the winter, Faith?) Time will tell. I reached a personal goal, only three Christmas storage boxes full in the cold closet. I now have 3 empty red and green containers, PLUS 4 emplty containers from the furnace room clean out. It's kinda like money in the bank to have empty containers. I also went through my linen closet, straightened, organized, and got rid of some doilies, etc. Amazing what I have time for now I am not employed by Johnson Pork (and snowed in with no desire to go out on the cold icy roads). This afternoon we worked on reconciling check books with the bank. A movie at night and we're heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment