Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Thur Jan 14 271


1/14/10 I didn't sleep very well this am. I was putting some random pictures on this site for all the days I will be in Brownsville. That way I can just use Bruce's notebook and update the blog. I did that until about 12:30 am. Then up at 3 am. Two months ago when I made this flight reservation I called Lynn S. to see if she was flying out of Omaha any day in Jan so I could catch a ride with her to the airport. Her flight was at 7 and so we left at 4 am. So good just to be able to ride down with her and Toshi. No car to worry about for 2 weeks in the airport. No one else bothered with driving me down. My flight left at 10, It was a noneventful ride to St. Louis...then to Houston on the same plane. There was a 2 hour layover. The flight to Harlingen left at 4. We were over Harlingen and the pilot said that the weather was bad there. He was going to circle the airport and see if the weather would clear up. Otherwise he was going back to Houston. Praise the Lord the weather cleared up. Gail and Bruce were there to meet me. Rainy, but WARM, maybe 60 degrees. We used Garmin a little to get to 4 Seasons. Crock pot supper of roast, potatoes, carrots. YUM I left roast in the crock pot for Denny, too. Watched Pretty Lady on TV, lots of commercials. B&G went to the hot tub, I called Denny, We were out on the deck for a short time before it started to rain. Beautiful night. So glad I didn't have to fly back to Houston. Thankful I made it down here safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment