Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mon Feb 8


2/8/10 Let's see. I was suppose to get my oil changed in the Malibu at 8 this am. I got up at 5 and went with the pickup to do my feeding of the mamas. I was home to get ready with Denny. I backed out the Malibu which had been in the lean to of the machine shed. And the car couldn't get enough traction to drive up to the house. The plan was to follow Denny to highway 175 then proceed east to IG. Well, because the car had no traction, so Denny had to come out and drive it while I pushed it. It gotup to the driveway and Denny went back in to finish getting ready for work. I followed him north. It was windy and medium high drifts that the pickup broke thru so I could follow it okay. Not my idea of fun so I visited with Denny and then turned around and headed home. Made it past home... to the unit... where the car ended on a patch of ice ... and would go no further. Mark helped me get it going and he drove it home. I rode back to the unit with him. I processed about 550 pigs from 11-5;30. Denny came and picked me up at work. I rode home with him. He had gotten chicken for supper. We had a bite, then went out and replaced an o ring on the hydraulic on the tractor. The electricity doesn't work to the machine shed since the power outage. I got to hold a flash light. It got fixed surprisingly fast. Then to bed for me. Texas on Thurs night is looking very good. I was shot. Darlene T. called to ask if I would be a co chairman of a refreshment committee... not good timing on her part. She didn't know. I was too tired to say yes to the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment