Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thur May 20 2010


Well, the great hunt goes on. Tonight we sat on the deck eating tortillas spread with "Trader Joe Red pepper spread with eggplant and garlic" (Thanks Nancy). The hunter spotted at blue bird. We don't know what kind of bird it is. Earlier this week he has seen a cardinal, a thrasher, a gold finch, and an oriole. About 30 minutes later he shot a bunny. Me, I just became a green hunter, finding asparagus in the ditch on the way home. Tomorrow we'll fix it on the grill with Italian dressing. YUM! There was a blue van that stopped and watched me hunt. I couldn't tell if they were giving me the evil eye or not. Yesterday I did give an evil eye to the farmer who was spraying the field while I worked in my garden. I could really smell the chemical as it drifted across the road to our yard. This am at the unit we shipped 850 pigs that weighed 15.3 #. I spent most of the day spraying 2 rooms with Tom. Then a BIG breaker went out. No electricity in farrowing or nursery. It was a tense hour or 2 until the breaker was found and reset. The sows got pretty warm in the rooms so we opened windows and doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment