Friday, May 7, 2010

Wed. May 5


5/5/10 Coffee at the folks. I feed the sows and treated any little pigs that might need a booster shot of medicine. That reminds me that Anabel Faith calls her morning chocolate breakfast drink her "medicine". She looks forward to that like Denny looks forward to his first cup of coffee. When her mom fixes it and hands it to Anabel she just finds a place and sits and chills while she downs it. OH, SO GOOD! I spent the rest of my day playing outside. It was very windy, but my yard was protected by the windbreak. Finished mainly putting in the garden. I also put some pink New Zealand impatients in 2 blue pots for the deck. They can be in full sun. (Now it is suppose to freeze Friday night.) I started a fire in the fire pit. Denny got home about 6pm, he had stopped to visit with a farmer planting on the way home. We took a basket with hot dogs, catsup, and a loaf of bread outside for supper. The hunter got another coon. Now we're wanting to get the ground hogs that are digging a basement under the bunk house and feed shed in the back yard. When Luke called this evening he was looking for Grandma's bun recipe to to fix while grilling supper. Her overnight recipe take from 5 pm to 10 pm mixing and kneading the dough so it was not good for that meal, but they did find the recipe and start to mix up a batch while we were talking. All of the sudden I heard "11 cups of flour... 48 servings!". I said he could made half a batch. At night we watched a Netflicks : Griffin and Phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment