Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A beautiful morning

Beautiful morning on the deck. Let's see what a day brings. No real plans for today. I helped with the harvest. It is fun to ride in the back of the pickup. Great to feel the wind through your hair. It reminds me of the many hours I spent riding in the back of the hay wagon. It just seemed like we should have a balancing contest. I love my small clippers. They worked great on cutting the tops off of carrots. WE got 100 pounds of carrots from 2 rows, they are beautiful. I picked some ed. peas that were still on the plants. The sugar pod peas were too far gone, but the snow peas were huge, ugly, but still tasted great. I went with Missy to deliver CSA. As we left Storm Lake site, I noticed she had a flat tire. Boy that is living on the edge for us. We filled up the tire at nearly every gas station we drove by. Denny checked out ace Hardware and chose a Weber grill that could replace our rusted out grill. Good thing we were driving the beast. While Missy got groceries, Brooks and I thrifted. I got 5 vases and a swimming suit for him. Megan and family and Jean are going to stay with us over the fourth. Hurrah!! While unpacking groceries the bottom fell out of a 6 pack at Jensens :( 3 bottles splintered. We unloaded beast of empty boxes at CSA barn and visited. Before heading to bed, we made reservations to fly to Brownsville Aug 5- August 14. YEA!!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment