Saturday, October 2, 2021

Madison visit

 I woke up at 5:45 and was headed to Madison (with coffee) by 6:05.  Strangely it was a foggy drive on Hwy 20 near Cedar Falls and then again when I got to the outskirts of Madison.  I had planned to stop and have coffee with Dureen and Pat N, but she texted and said there had been a crisis and she was taking Pat to the ER, with possibly a blood clot.  He is having radiation treatments for cancer.  I made it to Nancy's.  I love the country drive feel when you leave highway 151 and head to her apartment.  There are rolling hills with corn fields on each side until the last 7 minutes.  So pretty and such a non city feel.  Because I had not stopped we had time for a cup of coffee, a short visit and time for her to drive me to 2 farmer's markets.  I bought some flowers, cauliflower, cheese curds, tomatoes, peppers, and Nancy got sweetcorn.  About 1 Justin and Todd came.  Nancy is having Justin make display shelving for her living room.  It should be quite beautiful.  The gathering for Paul was across the street from Olebrech Gardens and Nancy went on line and ordered us tickets to "The Gleam".  It was a wonderful evening light/music display as we walked thru the gardens.  The tour was at 9 and we texted Todd and Julia, then went to see Diane and Tom who were putting Jack to bed at Molly's home.  Nice day!!







No comments:

Post a Comment