Saturday, January 9, 2016

Lord, guide us for the plans for today

Computer in bed at 5:30. I got up to read in the sunroom with a cup of coffee. I called my sisters. It was 72 in Brownsville and 2 here, The sump pump is still running. I was so happy when Sharon texted and said she and Jerry could come tonight. That brings it up to 10. I finished making the food. Dorito caserole, cowboy caviar, jicama, ramen noodle salad. Finished the cool whip on the chocolate cake, made peach tea, got the sweet corn thawed. About 11 we went to town. Jensens went with us to shop at Doses and go to the library.On the way to town, the gravel roads were icey and starting to drift. I was so nervous about ladies driving out to our place. Denny said, "Just chill." He said he would check the roads about 3 to make sure they could get through them. I am so thankful for Denny, I was ready to call it off because I was afraid. But it turned out to be a really nice evening. I am so thankful for my steady husband who doesn't let my emotions take over logic. After lunch we started the fire in the coop and put a fan to circulate the rising hot air. We had everything ready before 5 and so I started studying my Sunday school lesson. Denny and I, S&J, Susan and Larry, Melanie, Donna brought Karen, and L.R. They thought the jalepinio poppers were not too spicy. We visited in the living room, then ate in the sunroom and then ate dessert and played pictionary out in the coop. It was good to laugh and talk about things not in the classroom. Everyone was gone by a little after 8:30. I am not the only one who goes to bed at 8 during the school week. We cleaned up, filled the dishwasher, started some laundry, and watched a movie in bed. Nice night.

No comments:

Post a Comment