Sunday, February 26, 2017

Golf

I went out and finished planting the avocados near Gail's avocado.  Glad to get them in the ground.  I have been babying them since August 2015.  They probably won't make it, but at least I don't have to take care of them any more.  After I dropped Nancy off at the Lutheran church for choir practice, I went to Island Baptist.  My right hand has a scrape from "the fall",  Nice friendly people at church ... and I had many hand shakes to welcome me ... Lots of them squeezed ... very hard ... Uffta!  Back at the trailer I cut up watermelon.  The golf scramble started about 1.  We were a 4 some.  Very fun!!! 
I made a birdie putt on the first hole we played ... and the last hole we played.  The rest of the game was "not so hot".   But Bruce was driving well, Gail was pitching well, Nancy sunk some good putts and we ended up tieing for first.  Afterward everyone came to Gail and Bruce's for the reuslts and food.  About 50 people.  It worked great, about 30 sat in the screened in porch and about 10 on tables to the north and 10 on tables to the south.  He could speak and everyone could hear him.  Nancy and I went to Trivia.  Our team came in 2nd.  Nice visit with Missy and Denny at night.  






No comments:

Post a Comment