Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Wondering if this will be the day???

Keelie slept inside last night and I changed her bandage and gave her pills this am.  I ordered flowers from Brecks and   .  About 10 I headed outside.  It was chilly, but the lean to on the barn was out of the wind.  A couple of years ago when the church put new carpet in the sanctuary I took some rolls and put them in a lower shed.  Goal: to cut them into strips for garden path ways.   So happy to say by 5 pm I got the job done.  Uffta!!!  It was work for me.  Often I thought of Becky's Grandma who lived in the country by Correctionville.  She took pretty round rocks from the creek, loaded them in the tractor loader, and placed them all around her place.  She made walls and lined the swimming pool area. It must have took an incredible amount work.  But she must have gotten a lot of satisfaction from it.  Well, my strips of carpet do not look as pretty but I got a lot of satisfaction from getting the task done.  They should help with the rows of flowers (630 plants and 175 bulbs) I ordered this morning.  A lot of cutting with a hacksaw.  A long hot bath was heaven before I headed to a home school meeting at 7.








No comments:

Post a Comment