Friday, February 24, 2017

Island

I ran 1 and then walked 4 more with Gail and Terry.  I facetimed with the Jensens before they headed to Burlington.  There was no school today because of the weather.  Phillip said it was good that they headed south when they did because soon after they left the wind got stronger and road were closed.  Nancy and I headed to the Island.  After choir practice I picked her up and we went to the Market at the conference center.  Nancy bought me lunch at the Palms cafe and after lunch I walked the beach for about an hour while she waited and was on her computer.  It was a great walk, What a wonderful way so spend an afternoon.  We came home and watched tv.  Denny headed to Savannah after work.  Missy made ti to Burlington.  Great picture of 4 grands.  The big part of the night was when Bruce told Gail (who was playing cards) that if she was done, they could go to DQ for a mini blizzard.  All 5 people who were playing cards stopped playing,  tossed the cards down, and got in the car to go get ice cream.   Luke and Karen shared pictures of Rose.  Actually I had an idea that she could take a part of my dad's name and I could call her sweet, pretty, darling, Rosebud.  Dad got the nick name in college, I don't know how, but when Mom was told that she would be meeting a Bud Newhouse when she went to teach in Urbana.   And then he drove up that day.   That information was shared by Nancy.  Cute.    








No comments:

Post a Comment