Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Denny got north porch frame "boxed in"!!!

It was a lovely lazy morning.  While Denny fixed  his breakfast on the deck I read OAD and then I started to put primer on the porch. We are finding a lot of square nails as we uncover the porch.  Denny googles when square nails were used.  The answer was the end of the 1800's and early 1900's.  Interesting!!!  Information to make us think that this porch on then original farmhouse was built in early 1900's.  It would make sense that the house was built before the barn and the barn was built in 1912.  We just kept plugging along, him on framework, me on priming.  At 3 he was done and I was done in.  I knew I didn't have enough primer to finish the job, so I just quit and put away tools, etc.  We got a call that Denny's pickup was fixed, so we headed to Odebolt after we showered.  Now it took me a long time to get the dried primer off my body.  Note to self ... be more careful when painting.  We went to Denison and got take out Chinese and ate in Washington Park, went to Hyvee, and Bomgaars.  I am sitting in the car and reading the paper and working on this blog while Denny shops. 









No comments:

Post a Comment