Sunday, September 6, 2020

Saturday September 5 Burn, then home.

I got up and waited for Bruce to come.  He took me to Coldwater Creek where he went trout fishing.  Oh, my, I am bad luck.  He didn't get a bite, but it was beautiful there and such a nice start of the day for me.  We went to Craig's for coffee, then at 9 we went to the pond where the firemen were practicing taking water out of the pond for their fire drill of burning the yellow house at Keith's.  The firemen started the fire about 10.  It was burnt down by 2 and I headed home.  Diane stopped by around 11:30 and we watched the burn together.  I went to Craig's and bought a twin iron head board and a hammock.  I got home about 6, driving the 4 plus hours without a stop except for stop signs.  Denny had smoked pork steaks, spinach salad.  It was so good.  Nice to be home.   BUT I am so glad I went to Burr Oak.  That house was really special to me.  So many good memories,  I brought my first 2 babies home to that big yellow house.  Denny and I started farming there.  We had many friends and family visit.  After we moved to IG,  I visited my folk there for the next thirty years.  I have so much to be thankful for. 








No comments:

Post a Comment