Friday, June 18, 2021

BOOKS READ Denny painted, I pickled

Up and in to IG about 7:30.  Becky, Cindy, Dave, Craig, Sue, Shirley and I played until 10.  I gave flowers to Belinda at  412 on Second street.  I called and registered for golf on Monday.  Alan texted and said he could be my partner for pickle ball on next Saturday.  :)  Denny was painting the south side of the Cabin and west side of the Bunk house.  We/ He really cleaned.  The house looks great.  We're looking forward to Schrums coming tonight.  I straightened the bunk house.  We had corndogs for supper,  Denny worked to get meat and onions ready to smoke, and then we went to IG for some groceries.  Nice day.  


The books I have read this summer through Libby:
69  The Road to Grace  Richard Paul Evans  Continuation of walk to Florida  12/21  
68 The Road Home  Richard Paul Evans  Series 3  Charles James finished walk Route 66.  Good series. 12/21  6 hours
*67 Get Out of Your Head Jennie Allen  Book SS class is doing.  12/21  6 hours
66 Partners  John Grisham  Listened with Denny on way to Texas  12/21  2 hours
**65 The Book of Lost Names Kristin Harmel.  Great book inspired by true WWII story.  Young woman forges documents to help Jews flee.  12/21 13 hours
64 Gray Mountain John Grisham  City gal lawyer forced to relocate in coal mining Virginia.  I think I returned this early and couldn't reborrow.  Finished it 12/21  15 hours 
63 Lord of then Flies  William Golding.  Boys on an island and the evil in the hearts of man  12/21 7 hours.  
62  This Blessed Earth   Ted Genoways  Another not favorite.  Didn't finish listening to.  
61 The Universal Christ   Richard Rohr  Not my favorite  I'd much rather eat the Bible and the truth is shares.  I didn't finish the book, just listened when there was nothing else to listen to.  5 hours 
60  Anxious  People by Frdrik Backman   Story of group of people looking at a real estate property, each with their own issues.  Inter twining  plot to unfold11/21  10 hours
59  One flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest  Ken Kesey  Novel of man entering mental hospital and rescuing minds and hearts of patients.  11/21   Long book  10 hours
58 *To Heaven and Back  Mary C. Neal M.D.  I liked this book.  We don't know what will happen when we die and this is one's experience and it gives a feeling of hope and anticipation and peace for each day we live.  11/21  5 hours
57 Of mice and Men John Steinbeck  Classic that I liked it a lot.  SPED, dreams,   11/21 3 hours 
56 Road Back to You  Ian Morgan cron  Not my favorite.  I guess I don't really enjoy having to figure out what or who I am.  I am so thankful to God for those around me and how he made them and me.  11/21 9 hours
55 Big Country  Louis L'Mour  set of 4 country books 11/21 4 hours
54 The Taster VS Alexander Young German woman working for Hitler, tasting his food.  Read on phone, no audiobooks.  12 hours reading 11/21
53 Smoke Screen   Terri Blakstock  Another good easy reading book Firefighter and his High school girlfriend whose pastor dad was shot.  .   7 hours 11/21  
52  If I'm Found  Terri Blackstock    Second book after If I run   Easy to listen to and stay with.  11/21 8 hours. 
51  Three Sisters, Three Queens   Philippa Gregory  There tudor sisters who become queens.  betrayals, dangers, loss, Very very long book.  Truthfully I slept thru some of it.  11/21  17 hours
50  The Constant Princess    Philippa Gregory   Queen / Princess life with deaths, battles, Children deaths, etc.  11/21  5 hours
49 * 1984   George Orwell 1949 book of prophetic and scary haunting story of destruction of freedom and truth.  Lord, may our nation seek Your wisdom as we seem to be traveling down this path.  The Big brother mentality, Thought Police,  and changing of history of our nation.  11/21 112 hours.  
48  If I Run   Terri Blackstock  First in a series of 3   Girl escaping cops framing her  for murder11/22 7 hours
47 The Time Traveler's wife   Audrey Niffenegger  This was a long 18 hours that I plodded thru.  Much of early book contained values and language that I didn't appreciate.  The premise of the book was interesting.  A character switches in-between situations in different times.  Odd to follow.  I'm glad I finished it, but probably would Not choose to spend 18 hours on it if I knew then what I know now.  
46 The Silent Patient  Alex Michaelides  Psychologist thriller Therapist/ woman violence twists and turns 10/21  - 9 hours
45 Promise me  Richard Paul Evans  hard copy from 4 seasons library  Interesting, just ok I read in one afternoon   Time warps 10/21  -  4 hours? 
44.* Lost December   Richard Paul Evans   Good book on the prodigal son. Actual book I got at the 4 seasons library.   I read it in one afternoon.  10/21 - 4 hours 
43 The Ones We Choose  Julie Clark  Donor child struggling with no father and science based mom  First book I have literally held on my phone and read on Libby.  I read it on my way to Texas  10/21 -4 hours
42 If I Live  Terri Blackstock    Christian murder mystery about gal being framed for murder. 10/21 -7 hrs
41 Never Again Goodbye   Terri Blackstock    Christian story of adoption and convenient marriage 10/21 -6 hours
40* The Theft of American Soul  Phil Robertson  NOW that was a book worth reading.  Lord, If I could only be as bold and Phil.  I pray for our nation and I know that  only Christ can heal and restore our land.  10/2  -16 hours 
39 Something Blue  Emily Giffen  Another waste of time,  but ended up relatively well.  10/21 -11 hours but I skipped a lot and listened to about 5 minutes of every chapter
38  Something Borrowed   Emily Giffen  Not my values at all.  Too much self absorption but ended relatively well.  10/21 -11 hours
37 The Two Towers  JRR Tolkien   Second book in Lord of the Rings.  Well, I listened to this book about the same way I listened to the other book.  I just have a hard time getting into the story. 10/21 -17 hours, but I didn't really know what was going on.  
36 The Forgotten Road  Richard Paul Evans   2nd book about a man walking Route 66 10/21 -5 hours
35 Fervent  Priscilla Shirer  Sunday School book. 10/21 -4 hours
34 The Broken Road  Richard Paul Evans   #1 in a series  Story of a man's poor upbringing, rampant success at getting people to spend their money and the strange event that gave him a second chance at life. 9/21 -6 hours  
33 * All the light we Cannot See    Anthony Doerr  Story of 2 intertwining lives during the German takeover  A French blind girl and a German boy who is gifted in radio skills.   Good book  recommended by Nancy and Gail -16 hours
32 The Shoe Dog   Phil Knight   His story of the start of Nike shoes  so so  10/21 -13 hours
31 Empty    Susan Burton  Story of her life and her obsession with food disorders  so so 10/21 -10 hours
30 The Fellowship of the Ring  JRR Tolkien  First in a 3 book series  I listened to it while usually doing something else, so I can't say I followed the plot completely.  Hobbits life 9/21 -19 hours
29 Tramp for the Lord    Jamie Buckingham  Another book on Corrie Ten Booms life.  9/21 -5 hours 
28 Shaken  Tim Tebow    Good book, I liked TITD better   9/21 -6 hours
27 **This is the Day     Tim Tebow  VERY good book.  Recommend it for my family 9/21 -5 hours
26 Caste           Isabel Wilkerson.  Black American NOT poking fun at herself/ heritage/ history/ life  Narrow perspective.     Lots of worldwide  historical references of the caste system.   Glad I read the last chapter, it had hope and guidelines for the future.  9/3/21 -14 hours
25 Interior China town.     Charles Yu. Asian poking fun at himself and his heritage 8/2021 4 hours
24 12 Ways Your Phone is Changing You   Tony Reinke   Just OK    8/21 -7 hours
23 **The Hiding Place   Corrie Ten Boom  VERY good book on Nazi Concentration camps and Corrie's life  8/21 -9 hours
22 Dancing through Life      Candace Cameron Bure  Good book of her experiences on Dancing with the Stars.  8/21 -6 hours
21 **Cleaning House  Kay Wills Wyma  Very good book I would like to give one to each family 8/21 -8 hours  
20 *Tuesdays with Morrie   Mitch Albom  Good book about teacher dieing with ALS  7/21 -4 hours
19 Ford County     John Grisham  collection of stories involving legal stuff in one county 7/21 -6 hours
18 This is How   Augusten Burroughs   Not my favorite ... he tells a lot of himself stuff  7/21 -7 hours
17 Brian's Hunt  Gary Paulson   ... ok  7/14/21 -2 hours
16 The Language of Flowers   Vanessa Diffenbaugh   .... Pretty good, long book of foster care     child growing up and learning the different meanings of types of flowers in bouquets.  7/12/21 -11 hours
15 The Walk     Richard Paul Evans ... first book of the series -5 hours 
14 The Christmas Box   Richard Paul Evans ... Good read   6/21 -2 hours
13 **Love & Respect   Dr. Emerson Eggerich ... Great book on Marriage relationships 7/2021 -9 hours
12 Little house on the prairie  Laura Ingall Wilder  ...  finished listening after by mistake returning, just makes me happy  6/21 -6 hours
11 A Wolf at the Table     Augusten Burroughs ... Dark book  ... Lord, heal those who did not grow up with loving parents.  7/03/21 -9 hours
10 A Voice in the Wind   Francine Rivers .... Good book ... Very much in line with Not a Fan 6/21 -21 hours
9 Pete the Cat and His four groovy buttons  Eric Litwin Kimberly Dean ...  Rose and I listened to this book at the pond in NE Iowa
8 Family Pictures   Jane Green   ... book on 2 women's growth thru a husband's lying 6/21 -10 hours 
7 Miles to Go   Richard Paul Evans   ... interesting book on a man's life and goal of walking to Florida 6/21 -6 hours
6 **Not a Fan   Kyle Idleman   ...  Great book ... calling Christians to follow Christ, not just cheer for him 5/21 -6 hours
5 Resetting the Table   Robert Paarlberg  ... discussion of food production 5/21 -11 hours
4 Little House in the Big Woods    Laura Ingalls Wilder  ... listened to with Kane on the car ride to Kingsley 6/21 -6 hours
3 The Five People You Meet in Heaven   Mitch Albom  ... Story of how lives are interrelated 5/21  -6 hours
2 Before and After    Judy Christie, Lisa Wingate ... The story of Tennessee adoptions ... very informational/sad  4/21  - 8 hours
1 Plum Spooky     Janet Evanovich  ... Kinda a mystery ... Language and life choices not my favorite 6/21 - 6 hours




No comments:

Post a Comment