Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1/21/09


Wed. Jan. 21 WE GOT TICKETS!!! Went on line and Going to Brownsville. Feb. 13-17 for Denny and Feb 13-24 for me. Even used my $200 travel certificate. Last Feb. Gail and I were bumped to a different flight to McAllen for $200. Then Continental paid for our taxi to Brownsville. I didn't think we would be able to use it, but Praise the Lord it worked. Denny would like to take the motorcycle, but we may have to borrow Torren's birthday present if we want to take a bike. Gail and Nancy are driving, leaving Iowa on the 20th and coming back to Iowa some time in early March. Denny finished putting cement around the pump. Missy said she was shocked that I didn't take pictures of the work in progress. It was a big job...but now that it is almost completed it doesn't look like so much. Just have to hook up the discharge line someplace (Whatever that means, as you might guess I just wrote what Denny was saying.) He said was was probably 12 cubic feet of dirt. 2x2x3. I headed to Carroll with Missy and kids this am. I bought about 3 cubic feet of dirt for planting some dahlia bulbs, If I would have know all that Denny did...and dug... I could have saved some Dirt money. He said it was mainly clay anyway. Awana tonight...on the way there I was really tired and discouraged,but once I get there it goes fast and IT JUST IS GOOD. Mike Bergman brought one clubber up to Denny with the exciting news that he had accepted the Lord. Denny says he gets goosebumps every time it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment