Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday January 15




Kids up and finished watching the 2 movies we started yesterday am. Great way to start a day. Egg in the hole for breakfast with little smokies. Stopped at G'grannys before heading to church. Haley went to SS with 2-4th graders. Torren helped me in the nursery. Denny and I took nursery during church for Jensens. They spent extra time with his folks before they leave for India. Home for left overs and naps. Linda was at folks from 10 to 1:30 or so. Denny and I stopped over before heading to prayer meeting. Howard had not gotten food for supper ready so Denny heated up some chicken broth and brought it in to Mom. She didn't have much strength so we used the hospital table over her bed. I fed her a 5-6 spoonfuls of soup and 2 bites of jello. Then she said that was enough. I put a Ritz cracker on the table and she ate it with her small glass of milk. We came home. Denny is looking for a brown suit, I'm trying to catch up on blog, washing, studying for SPA test, and my fitness entries. The moment to savor today was when I was in the nursery with Torren and 4 precious little ones who have Christian parents who love the Lord and who are raising these little ones. I envisioned those toddlers 20 years in the future... loving and serving the Lord. It was as though I was on hallowed ground. The nursery is a place where their special lives are nurtured. I realize how quickly the years pass and the desire of parents that their children will live lives committed to Christ. It was humbling and inspiring to serve, plus exciting that I get to watch and pray for these little ones as they grow. What a great Lord we serve. The pictures are of Saturday night relaxing in our living room. Torren, is resting his feet on G'pa's shoulder and playing a electronic game. Haley and Becky were looking at their ipad/phones and Denny was playing with Kade. Great time chilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment